Posts Categorised: Health
How to Prevent Smelly Feet
Do you feel uncomfortable to sit next to your friend when you have smelly feet? Or do you need to keep a distance, when you have people having smelly feet around you? Whether or not you are in that position or vice-versa, it is always not a good situation to be in.
There are always, ways of keeping your feet healthy and free from the unpleasant smell. Here are the listed tips on how you can prevent or remove the odor.
Your Shoes & Socks
- Alternate with different pair of shoes in a week and do not wear them two days in a row. Your shoes need to have at least a day to dry.
- Do not keep your shoes inside the cabinet after removing them. Put them at open space where it can easily get dry up.
- Always change your socks everyday.
- Don’t rewear socks for multiple days. You should change them every day. Cotton socks will absorb moisture, and will cause it to be smelly after long hours.
- Dry your feet before putting on your socks.
- Buy a medicated insoles, which some will have deodorising effect.
- Choose leather or canvas shoes as they will let your feet breathe.
- Choose socks that has ventilation panel or antibacterial socks that has chemical which prevent bacteria from feeding on your sweat.
- When washing your socks, turn them inside out as to clean the dirt and moisture from inside.
- Avoid getting your shoes wet when outdoor. If it’s wet, make sure you dry them properly before you wear it again.
- If your outdoor activity is more than indoor, then get shoes or boots that are having water proofing or water resistant.
- Always practice foot hygiene. Wash your feet with warm water and soap. This will helps to remove dirt and sweat cause by the bacteria. Wipe between your toes and feet.
- Apply spray deodorant or antiperspirant on your feet. There are numerous brands and fragrance of foot spray and shoe deodorant spray available.
- Remove hard skin with a foot file as when it is damp and soggy, bacteria will love to grow at that place.
- Relax your feet by going barefoot at home. If you need to wear something, choose sandals that has open-toed.
- Always keep your toenails short and clean as to avoid bacteria from growing.
- To further remove the smelly feet, soak your feet with warm water mix with vinegar for about 15 minutes. Vinegar is an acid that kills bacteria effectively. Else, you can replace with Epsom salt.
- Alternatively, you can rub lime or lemon on your feet and let it dry at night. The acidic juice on the lime, will helps to prevent bacteria from growing.
Always practice foot hygiene every time, as you would not like to be in such an unpleasant situation whenever you are with friends. Hope, the above tips helps in keeping you in a good foot health and the confidence of removing your shoes.